Featuring the four main Robins: Dick, Jason, Tim and the current Robin, Damian, all teaming up. It’s a huge rumor but I’m sure the book would be an instant fave among the fans
Post with 4 notes
I have an Amazon gift card but I don’t know which comcis I want…
1) Batman War Games Volume 2
2) Batman: Under the Red Hood
3) Teen Titans Volume 4
4) Robin: Flying Solo
5) Superboy: The Boy of Steel
6) A justice League comic
-Detective Comics #729
Batman: knock knock
Crook: who’s th—
Post with 1 note
4. Nightwing hasn’t always had the primary blue and black costume we all have come to love. In some unspecified time, he adopted a red and black costume featuring a bird logo.
5. Most recently, fans have revolted at Nightwing’s current mainstream outfit, ditching the blue and black (and finger stripes) for a black and red outfit with a large bird logo sprawled on his chest. After his time as Batman, it would make sense for an update to match with the reboot, but instead of back in black he’s black in RED. The dramatic change in color change is much to be desired, especially since Nightwing’s character is almost always associated with blue. The bird logo is also very large. The bird’s beak and body are fat and strange, but it does bring back memories of a certain boycotted Batman movie featuring Robin played by Chris O’Donell… and also, look, more bats.
I’m diggin’ the boots and gloves though. Just the blue is missed…
So, What do you think? Will Dick’s alter ego forever be stuck in the shadow of Batman? Is Nightwing more bird-like or is it referring to a bat in the kryptonian story of Nightwing and Flamebird?
And if you’re extremely mad at Dick’s new image, just remember… He used to have a pony tail and a mullet, it could be worse.
— Super heroes to the average Joe
As the original Robin, Dick Grayson created the Robin persona after the vigilante Robin Hood, however, over the years Robin has been altered to refer to the red breasted bird. Yet, despite Nightwing’s costumes often resembling a bird motif, some pay homage to bats and his time with Batman, often feature bats flying around him. Is this simply a reference that Dick is forever in the shadow of Batman or is the Nightwing identity really referring to a bat?
1. After his retirement from Robin and transition to Nightwing, it looked like Dick had retained the image of the bird with his original costume featuring gold feather accents, but when looking at his mask, it can be viewed as bat wings. This is the first time Dick has take on the identity after Superman’s suggestion, was he actually trying to be more bat-like or bird-like?
2. After ditching the embarrassing disco suit, Dick created a gold and blue glider outfit that was featured primarily in the early 90s. The gold accents obviously form bird wings (the first time his name would make actual sense) however in many issues, Dick’s belt buckle would show a bat symbol identical or similar to Batman’s
3. Nightwing finally decided on a definite look that would last more than a decade. Being the most recognizable, this costume featured a blue wing logo that stretches across his chest. These wings are assumed to be bird-like but aren’t specified as so.
This costume also is the most featured in animation and video games, however with a huge change, the logo is a bird. Almost every single logo features a bird rather than the winged style, settling to audiences that Nightwing has a bird theme.
only recently has Nightwing’s comic translation been shown unaltered in the media
From Batman and Robin #2
AHHGKGHKHKGG ALL THE ROBINS.
ALL THE ROBINS.
wait, why is every single Robin there? Is this how it is in the Brave and the Bold universe?